Enrollment Policy/Admission Requirement
Registration is on first come first served basis. Enrollment is open Monday-Friday from 9:00am-5:00pm at the school.
- To be admitted, supply an employment verification letter from your employer confirming that the course is relevant to your current position, or documentation that you have prior training or hold current certification for the relevant occupation.
- Proof of current, negative TB skin test or negative chest X-ray is required [not older than 6 months]. • Must have CPR/AED certification for Health Care Provider
- A current physical exam [within the last 6 months]
- Copy of photo ID and social security card [SSC]
These courses are offered as continuing education to qualified healthcare professionals. The purpose is to update the occupational competence of existing professionals. It is not a job preparatory training for the general public, and is not a program regulated by Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Patient Care Technician-Continuing Education
The PCT is an ‘add-on’ training for existing CNA/GNA. As such the participant population must currently be a CNA or GNA in the state of Maryland. The PCT provides additional skills training in the areas of EKG and Phlebotomy. Evidence of employment or completion of CNA training is required to enroll.
The Patient Care Technician training is 180 hours of Lab and classroom instructions.
- Registration $50
- Tuition $1450
- Lab fee $100
- Books, materials, and certification fees $350
- Total cost: $1950.00
National Certification Exams (After completion)
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician (Clinical) Credentials: CPTC
- Certified EKG Technician (Clinical) Credentials: CETC
- Certified Patient Care Technician/Assisting Credentials: CPCT/A
At the end of the training, the Patient Care Technician will be able to perform:
- 12 Lead EKG
- Specimen collection/Catheters
Health Focus, Inc. does not participate in Federal Financial Aid program but we accept payments made on behalf of students by an organization/company.
We have payment plan options. Call the school for more information. Payments are made in form of money Order, Cashier’s check, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover cards. No personal checks.
Health Focus, Inc. does not discriminate and will admit students of any race, color, nationality or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at our institution.
The mission of Health Focus, Inc. is to provide the information and skills that will enable allied health care personals to provide quality care in a hospital, doctor’s office, nursing homes as well as home health care settings.