Our Medication Technician training program meets federal and state training requirements of Certified Medication Technician in the state of Maryland. The program is 20 clock hours. Through lectures, role-playing, group activity, and laboratory practice, the students learn:
- Medication administration and medication technician’s role;
- Different uses for medication;
- Medication standard and regulations;
- Observing physical and behavioral changes;
- Reporting and recording changes;
- Responsibilities when assisting in a visit to health-care professional (i.e., physician, dentist, Nursing Practitioner).
- Basic medication responses and interactions;
- Forms of medication and routes of administration;
- Correct storage procedures;
- How to use reference and resource material;
- Procedures for safely administering medication; and
- Documentation procedures.
As outlined in The Maryland Board of Nursing Student Manuel for Medication Technician Training for Assisted Living.
CMT class is $245.00. The class is normally held on a Friday and Sunday depending on the availability of at least 5 registered students. For more details, contact us at 410-488-6600 or Enroll now.